WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
This program provides education and counselling for family members in distress.
HOW WILL THIS PROGRAM HELP?
The Problem Gambling – Family Member Program helps family members to:
- Understand problem gambling
- Identify the ways lives have been affected by someone’s problem gambling
- Recognize coping behaviors which do not work
- Learn new, effective behaviors for change and strategies for action
- Address feelings of stress and distress
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
The Problem Gambling – Family Member Program offers a number of options:
1. Information Nights
- Two 1 ½ hour evening sessions
- Open to those with gambling problems and/or family members or friends
- Offers information on problem gambling and options for change
2. Family Member Group
- Ongoing weekly groups and counselling sessions for family members
3. Crisis counselling as needed
4. Referral to other professional services as needed
If interested, please call (613) 724-4881 and ask to speak to the Problem Gambling – Family Member Co-ordinator. Your call will usually be returned the same day, and you can be seen usually within 48 hours.
Cost: This program is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and is free for residents of Ontario. Out of province residents should call to discuss our service.Our Funders/Partners for the Problem Gambling – Family Member Program are: