WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
Rideauwood’s Ontario Works Program is an out-patient addiction treatment program open to any participant in the Ontario Works Addiction Services Initiative (ASI). This program is run in partnership with the City of Ottawa Employment and Financial Assistance Branch.
This program is for you if:
- You are participating in the Ontario Works Addictions Services Initiative.
- You have experienced problems in your life related to your substance abuse
- You have the interest and capacity to make changes regarding your substance use.
- You are willing and able to attend individual sessions and/or groups regularly
HOW WILL THIS PROGRAM HELP?
This Program offers the following services:
- Screening and assessment services to help individuals determine the best treatment options to meet their recovery goals
- Motivational counselling to enhance individual’s confidence in their ability to overcome barriers and succeed in change
- On-going individual counselling throughout involvement in treatment
- Weekly group counselling and education sessions
- Structured Day or Evening Treatment Programs
- Referrals to appropriate ancillary services
If you are not yet in the Ontario Works Addiction Services Initiative and are interested, call your Ontario Works Case Coordinator and inform him/her that you are interested in participating. Your worker will refer you to an Addiction Services Initiative specialist and will contact you with more details.
Interested ASI participants can call 613-724-4881. A brief telephone interview will be completed. Individuals who meet the criteria for this program will be invited to begin services within 1-4 weeks, as capacity allows.