WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SPRING 2017
Rideauwood offers a unique opportunity for serious and dedicated students to gain knowledge and skills in the addiction and problem gambling field. We offer a structured learning program that can be tailored to focus on the student’s particular area of interest and previous experience while still providing opportunity to investigate the unfamiliar.
During the clinical placement, you will have the opportunity to provide direct service under the supervision and mentorship of our experienced senior counsellors. Rideauwood counsellors have varied backgrounds, training, and experience but we all work together as a clinical team in treating our clients. During your placement you will be a member of this team and can expect direct supervision and honest feedback not only from your onsite placement supervisor but from everyone on the team.
Minimum Criteria for Consideration
Please note that the number of positions is limited and they are usually filled months in advance of the actual start date; therefore we recommend that you apply at least 3-6 months in advance. In order to be considered:
- You must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary program such as Social Work, Counselling, Criminology, Addiction Counselling, etc.
- Placements require both day and evening attendance; you must be available several evenings each week for the duration of the placement.
- The minimum duration for a field placement at Rideauwood is 4 months. Longer placements are favoured.
- Preference may be given to students with prior counselling experience.
- You must be able to provide a satisfactory criminal reference check.
- You cannot be a user of illicit recreational drugs.
- If you are a recovering person you must have at least 3 years of sobriety and be actively engaged in recovery.
- Submit a completed Field Placement/Internship Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.