WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
This program is for spouses, partners, friends, parents, and adult children of adults with addiction problems or anyone else who wants to learn more about chemical dependency and its effects. Teens age 16 and over can benefit from attending. Younger teens may or may not be appropriate depending on their level of maturity – you can check with our intake staff if unsure. These sessions are geared towards family members and are not appropriate for persons with the addiction. It may also be beneficial for educators, human resource personnel, and concerned people in the community.
HOW WILL THIS PROGRAM HELP?
The program helps participants:
- Gain insight into the nature of substance abuse and addiction
- Understand its destructive effects on family members and others
- Explore options for help and healing
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
Two evenings each month from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. These topics will be presented in sequence. It is preferable but not mandatory that session #1 be attended before session #2.
- The Physical & Emotional Spiral of Chemical Dependency: its effect on family members
- The Work of Healing: ineffective and effective ways of restoring the family to sanity
If interested, please call 613 -724-4881 to register. Sessions are currently held off site. Ask reception for location details.
Cost: This is a non-funded program. There is a fee of $25 a session for each person; however, no one will be turned away if they are unable to pay.